Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Tumbler




Acquiring a tumbler was one of the best things I ever did in my business. I have the Grobet Two Barrel Tumbler and I use 2 lbs of stainless steel shot and a health squirt of Dawn Dish Liquid, with some water over the shot. A tumbler gives your pieces a high shine finish. It also saves so much time from hand polishing a piece. Now, nothing will ever replace a good brush over with fine steel wool or a polishing cloth as a finishing touch, but the tumbler really takes the "elbow grease" out of polishing.

I am still learning at what point to put a piece in the tumbler during its construction. It is worth the learning curve though, as the pieces are stunning once complete.

Here are some recent pieces which benefited from the Tumbler love. :)


The Crystal Amulet necklace with a stunning silvery quartz faceted marquise cut gem and silvery quartz rondelles positioned around the oxidized and tumbled sterling silver chain.



The Dew Drops Necklace
features AAA Grade sky blue Topaz faceted tear drop briolettes around an oxidized and tumbled to a shine sterling silver chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment